Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Compelling Compulsion to...Read

I had a really bad night's sleep the other night...the reason for it is that I was reading one of those books that is just impossible to put down...The Road by Cormac McCarthy. The story is devastating and disturbing so certainly not the easiest material to be reading late into the dark of night, but I just couldn't stop myself...I had this feeling like I just need to read the whole thing, right now, regardless of it being time to be sleeping. This happens to me every now and then with that certain type of book. The book, by the way, is fabulous, it sucks you into the amazing connection and fight for survival between a father and his young boy. Luckily, the book is only just over 200 pages long and has large type so my plan is to wait until I have a few daylight hours to read and plow through, but not sure when that will be and I'm finding it hard to wait...

5 comments:

kdh said...

oh! i really want to read that... i so loved the movie no country for old men. since then, i have wanted to check out cormac. until then, i am reading the book by malika that you loaned me and am really liking it... but you know me. i am on page 19 or something.

on another note: come on--get some sleep, girl!!!

djd said...

So proud of you though!

Unknown said...

I will definitely have to read that. I just bought 5 new books on Amazon yesterday so I might have to ask to borrow it from you since I can't blow all of my stipend on books!

Unknown said...

my dad is reading it right now and the same thing is happening to him...he's losing sleep trying to finish it!

he is going to send it to me when he is done with it. can't wait to start it!

djd said...

I'm done! So brilliant...the relief!