Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Play to See

A review on the play "Fences" by August Wilson from the Culture Lust blog at KPBS:
http://www.kpbs.org/blogs2/index.php/culturelust/comments/august_wilsons_fences_at_cygnet_theater/

My boyfriend and I saw this play about a week ago and both loved it. It is delightful to find a gem of a playhouse in San Diego (the Cygnet), and one that you can easily score 1/2 price tickets for and where all the seats are good ones (it's tiny). We've enjoyed all of the productions we've seen there but "Fences" was one of the best. I am not always a big fan of plays; I find them to often be drawn out and too long and not entertaining enough to hold my attention. This play was on a very apt topic to those of any generation and race. The characters were each incredibly well acted and had enough depth to keep you engaged and concerned about what was going on. I highly recommend seeing this play; it is playing through March 2nd so hurry!

1 comment:

kdh said...

oh man, that looks like such a good play! i am really hoping to go see it... thanks for letting us know about it, d!!